Hacklab ry. (registered association) is an umbrella ogranisation founded by hacklab.fi cooperation network in 2019, which acts for benefit of its member organisations all across Finland.
History of hacklab.fi cooperation network starts from 2012, and the umbrella organisation continues this by enabling better common resources and sharing responsibility for developing operations. The organisation has a commitee which is in charge of the budget, calling for meetings and other duties mentioned in the rules.
Membership in Hacklab ry. is open for all hacklab associations in Finland. Hacklab.fi network continues its informal operations next to the organisation, so for example newly founded groups can join in the cooperation regardless of membership.
Purposes of the organisation briefly are:
- act as a national interest group
- arrange education and informing
- arrange happenings and meetings
- assist member groups in different ways
- cooperate with other groups on national and international level
- do marketing
- keep track of hacklab activity in Finland and internationally
- be in charge of shared funds and resources